Monday, April 27, 2009

we spent a week in san martin (a list)


Hola Chicos,

We just spent a lovely week in San Martin de los Andes, which is a little mountain town just north of Bariloche. We stayed at a lovely little chalet for the week and took some time to relax. Here is a list of the things we did. Enjoy.

1. Slept. Often.
2. Took many walks.
3. Played with stray puppies.
4. Shopped at the supermercado. Daily.
5. Watch more movies than necessary.
6. Sat in the park.
7. Grilled many meats.

It was fantastic, albeit fairly boring to blog about, so I'll spare you the rest.

On Saturday, we took a 20 hour bus ride to Buenos Aires. It was the best bus ride to date. We watched three movies that were all in English. We had tea and cookies. We had free dinner and breakfast. We got champagne(my favorite) and whiskey (Matt's favorite) for an after dinner drink. Fantastic.

We killed the day in Buenos Aires, revisiting my favorite stores where I annoyed Matt by trying on too many shirts and he was rewarded with lunch at his favorite steak house. We didn't have much time as we had to catch a fight to Peru that evening so we sort of spent the day running around like crazy people.

By my estimation, I had a bad day. I made another list:

1. I burnt my tongue drinking tea.
2. I stepped in dog poop.
3. I ate too much gnocci and felt sick.
4. I spilled gnocci on myself.
5. I got a weird rash from the laundry detergent someone used.
6. My laundry detergent spilled all over everything in my backpack.

Anyway, enough about me. We got on a flight to Lima where we met our dear friend Megan at the airport. We stayed up all night in the airport and caught our 6 am flight to Cuzco.

7. They let us pay for our tickets to Cuzco but then apparently decided to cancel them. Luckily they had room on the flight and Megan didn't have to go alone.

We just arrived in Cuzco and checked into our hostel. Matt is already asleep and we are going to follow suit so we can enjoy the afternoon and evening in Peru!

We heard about your swine flu, be careful up there. Sounds like America is turing into a dangerous place.

Megan is going to be our next guess blogger so please give her a round of applause and don't throw things at her. She'll get mad.

No comments: