Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Late to the Party. Again!

So. This is embarrassing. The reality of work, in addition to a lovely flu bug which I thank my coughing/wheezing neighbor who slept on my shoulder on the overnight flight home, has taken me hostage. A sadly pathetic excuse. Huge thanks for ET for picking up the slack (isn’t she lovely?) and filling in all the shiny, happy Argentinean stories and details. I am slowly returning to normal, as for the first 48 hours or so I was feeling quite lost without the ET/Matt duo. They are quite addicting and I became quite dependent of having them both at instant reach every hour of the day for my week. Such a treat.

To provide some additional third-party perspective, they both look FABULOUS, are relaxed, happy and are a complete welcome relief to some of the crazies who are running around the states (which I confess, when I first arrived, was one of them ;)) A few of my favorite memories to add to the bunch:
  • Love to the BA ice cream cone. They will be hard to top.
  • Whitney and Elizabeth sing the only line they know of “Don't Cry for Me Argentina” approximately every three hours. Off key. Matt rolls eyes. Repeat. Bonus points for Tango show finale where complete song was sung in full with waving flags, raised arms and everything.
  • Becoming quite good at dividing any number by three to convert the peso/dollar conversion
  • Thinking we’re speaking super suave Spanish only to have the locals respond to us back in English. While laughing.
  • Perfect company.
  • Amazing weather. Gives hope to this Chicagoan that sunshine and happy weather will have to be back soon.

Thanks for being the best hosts. Ever. Would do it again in a heartbeat. Hope the bottom of the world is amazing.

Lots of love,

The biggest slacker of a guest blogger that ever lived.

1 comment:

et said...

Yeah, you live! Thanks for posting, sorry about the flu--yuck. Even though I posted all that crap, Matt has yet to post about his steaks. As he has mentioned several times, "I was over the blog three weeks ago" so I might be on my own...I am planning to bribe him with more steaks though, we'll see how it goes.